Job Title: Construction Isle of Man Manager
Salary: £48,000 - 53,000 per annum
Holidays: 25 days + 10 bank holidays
About the role:
We are seeking an experienced, highly motivated manager to join Construction Isle of Man
on an initial 2 year term. This full-time position will involve managing and developing
the Construction Isle of Man industry body, driving growth within the industry whilst
improving quality standards.
Employment duties will primarily be concerned with the line management of a small team of
dedicated officers and be accountable to the Construction Isle of Man Executive. The post
holder must demonstrate an aptitude towards their duties and bring a wealth of knowledge
and previous experience.
Duties and responsibilities
• Together with the Executive of Construction Isle of Man, act as an ambassador and
single voice for all levels of the construction community.
• Support the development of a Construction Isle of Man brand, website and social
• Participate in industry-related events and associations that will enhance Construction
Isle of Man’s reputation.
• Solicit advice and guidance when appropriate from the Construction Isle of Man
Executive membership.• Liaise on behalf of the industry with Government bodies.
• Lead the development and implementation of the organisation’s strategy with SMART
objectives and KPIs to monitor and measure results.
• Work alongside the industry to develop guidance and schemes to assist the
construction industry to improve and enhance quality, environmental and health and
• Work with the industry to drive up standards in Health and Safety, environmental
protection and quality actively creating forums, workshops, training and continuous
professional development events for our members and the industry as a whole.
• Support delivery of careers awareness at educational levels.
• Assist with the development of a construction skills strategy.
• Working with members of the executive and external parties on industry
• At least 5 years’ experience in management/project management. Essential
• Experience of managing a small team. Essential
• Team player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to
work with sensitivity in a political environment. Essential
• Experience of collecting, collating, analysing, and disseminating data (including
financial data) in written reports or presentation format. Essential
• Excellent presentation skills able to communicate effectively to a range of audiences. Essential
• High Attention to detail. Essential
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Teams). Essential
• Knowledge of the Isle of Man construction industry. Desirable
• Knowledge of Isle of Man Government procedures and policies. Desirable
• Public relations experience. Desirable
• Experience of financial accounting package (Sage). Desirable
• Full Valid Driving License. Desirable
For further details, please contact Brian Butler, Chair, Construction Isle of Man at email@example.com
Closing Date: Applications close on Friday 25 June 2021.
Applications: Applications, including CV to be sent to Brian Butler, Chair, Construction Isle of Man, Eagle
Labs, Victoria Street, Douglas, Isle of Man IM1 2LH or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
For the PDF version Download Here