A new Health and Safety requirement has been announced for the CIOM Certification Card Scheme.
Under the new requirement, any tradesperson looking to either renew, or apply for their CIOM Certification card will be required to show evidence of holding a valid H&S certificate from a recognised H&S training provider. This new requirement will come into force on April 1st, 2023. H&S certificates must be certified by one of the following institutions:
If you currently hold a Health & Safety certificate that is not currently listed, please feel free to contact the CIOM office to see if your certificate meets the required standard. Additions or subtractions to the list of approved institutions may be made at the discretion of CIOM.
To help mitigate the cost of the new requirement to industry, CIOM will be offering a free H&S test with every card application. To obtain your free Health & Safety Test Credit, follow the steps below:
- Complete your CIOM Certification Card application, upload any required documents, and provide final payment to submit your application.
- If you already have a H&S Certificate taken within the last 2 years, you may upload an image of the document in the "Health & Safety Certificates" tab.
- Email the CIOM office at firstname.lastname@example.org and request a test license.
- Once you have received your license, follow the steps laid out in the email to complete your Health & Safety test.
- Email a copy of your Health & Safety certificate to email@example.com along with the name, email, and address used to apply for your card.
- A new H&S compliant CIOM Certification Card will be mailed to you in 5 - 7 business days.
If you have any questions about the new requirement, or how to obtain your Health & Safety test, please contact the CIOM office for guidance.