Terms & Conditions for Certification Scheme
1. PURPOSE OF THE REGISTER
The purpose of the Register of Construction IOM Certification Scheme is to register individuals who have provided to the Construction Isle of Man Limited evidence that they have met the criteria for registration in their relevant trade.
The qualifications have been determined by the relevant industries, and also provide the benchmark to which local apprentices are trained by the University College Isle of Man, in conjunction with local employers.
Registration is a requirement for any person wishing to:
- Work on Government contracts
- Work on site for a Construction Isle of Man accredited company
- Verify your status regarding a work permit application
- Being on the register can also be a useful means of verification to members of the public that you have completed an apprenticeship and achieved a level of qualification in your trade
2. SCOPE OF THE REGISTER
The Register applies to the following trades and such other trades as the Construction Isle of Man may add from time to time:
1. Carpenter / Joiner
2. Mason / Bricklayer
4. Slater/Tiler (Roofing)
6. Plumbing and Heating Engineer
8. Painter and Decorator
9. Wall / Floor Tiler
10. Gas fitter
12. Site Safe Pass
3. THE REGISTER
The Register includes the full name, address and national insurance number of each person registered, and the trade or trades for which the person is registered.
4. QUALIFICATION FOR REGISTRATION
Individuals are qualified to be registered in respect of a trade if they can provide evidence of:
- serving an apprenticeship to the trade and attaining the technical qualification(s) for that trade; or
- having attained the requisite technical qualifications relating to their trade and can provide evidence of employment within their trade for at least the equivalent time period of an apprenticeship. All trades require evidence of completion of an apprenticeship, evidenced by copies of apprenticeship agreements. In addition, evidence is required to demonstrate the attainment of the technical certification for the relevant trade, details of which can be found by clicking this link as amended from time to time, a photograph certified as a true likeness of the applicant in accordance with the requirements more particularly set out in the application form.
An online application form is available on the Construction Isle of Man Limited website: click this link
In order to register individuals should complete the online application form and upload copies of the evidence referred to in section 4 and the fee of £25 per card. Subject to payment of the Fee, individuals who have previously been registered under the Register of Craftsmen and Craftswomen shall be entitled upon application to be entered in the new Register in respect of any trade for which they were entered in the Scheme.
On granting an application for registration Construction Isle of Man Limited shall issue a card to the applicant.
If the application for registration is refused the applicant will be notified in writing of the reasons for refusal.
6. DURATION AND RENEWAL OF REGISTRATION
Every registration (including those of individuals previously registered with the Scheme) shall expire on the 3rd anniversary of its commencement date.
7. AMENDMENT OF REGISTER
A person entered in the Register shall notify Construction Isle of Man Limited of any change in the registered particulars relating to them, and Construction Isle of Man Limited shall make any necessary entries in the Register.
8. RIGHT OF APPEAL
An applicant whose application to be registered is refused has the right to an appeal. Any such appeal should be made in writing within 10 working days of the original decision and must set out the full reasons why the applicant considers that the original decision was incorrect.
The appeal will be referred to a nominated senior officer within Construction Isle of Man Limited who has had no prior involvement with the application. The nominated senior officer will consider all of the information and make a final decision and notify the applicant of that decision as soon as is reasonably practicable.
9. PUBLICATION OF REGISTER
A searchable register is also available on the Construction Isle of Man Limited website by clicking here